Friday, September 3, 2010

Dragon Age: Battle Standards


Thanks to college, my free time is pretty limited, but for some reason, having a large workload in front of me tends to inspire me to get more fun stuff done then when I have nothing to do (hence the lack of posting those posts I claimed I was going to post).

So, in my down-time, I've been working on a set of mass combat rules for Dragon Age, using d20 Chainmail and Warhammer Fantasy Battles as inspirational material. Large battles are a core element in Dragon Age- the battles at Ostagar and Denerim were key moments in the video game, and in The Stolen Throne, Ferelden and Orlesian forces clashed every few chapters.

I won't be posting it today, as I'm incredibly busy, but at some point this weekend or next week I should have the basic structure of it up here. I likely won't get a chance to playtest it any time soon, but I'm hoping I'll get a chance to, seeing as how I've promised my college gaming group some Dragon Age.

No comments:

Post a Comment